Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Why FlashForward is stupid

The new science-fiction show FlashFoward is built around the premise that everyone in the world falls unconscious for about 2 minutes and experiences a flash forward of their own life 9 months in the future. The description of most of the flash forwards involves relatively mundane events, but its clearly established that the events depicted are not some sort of alternate future, but are a future in which the flash forward occurred. So my question is, if all the people experienced the flash forward in their own past, why didn't anyone (or anyone we've seen so far) attempt to send themselves useful information in the past? If I knew that my past self was going to experience an excerpt of my future life, I'd probably make sure that at the appointed time I was staring at a page full of useful information.

No comments:

Post a Comment